"I was skeptical about online personals site, but you folks have proven me wrong, I've met the most incredible man, Steve from your site. Thanks, Dreampal", Rachel
Respond To Ads - Sending Emails
You've posted your profile and you're now waiting for someone to
contact you... Well, here's a little tip from our pros - don't be passive.
Login to our site from time to time. You're bound to find a bunch that catch your interest.
Don't hesitate to send them a message, you've got nothing to lose! The more emails
you sent out will increase the odds of finding who you are looking for!!
How do you start an email to someone new? How much information do you include? How can you increase the
reply rate? These are all good questions. Here are our suggestions:
In case you can't seem to get the words flowing, below is a sample email that you can customize.
- Greeting: Address your email with the member's username.
- What caught your eye? Was it their smile in the photo, the fact you both work in sales or that you both have children? Let them know why you picked them.
- Share a little information about yourself, but don't share your life story just yet. Share only enough
information for the other person to determine if you possess the qualities they're looking for. Perhaps include
your age, ethnic background, whether you have children, smoking and/or drinking habits.
- What are you looking for? Are you looking for an email pen-pal or a long-term relationship? Getting this
important information out early on can head off disappointment later.
- Tell them what you would like to happen next. Ask them to view your profile and reply. Sometimes, all you have to do is ask.
- Avoid negatives. Now's not the time to divulge the sordid details of your divorce or that your last three
relationships ended badly. There's plenty of time for that later. First, make contact and see if this person is
- Signing off. End your email with some type of closing. Avoid Sincerely as it sounds business-like. Also, avoid anything too romantic, such as Yours Always. Try Take care or Hope to hear from you soon. At this
point, you can divulge your first name if your prefer, or simply user your Dreampal username. Remember - NO last names!
Your Dreampal profile caught my eye. I liked your picture. [I wonder which beach you were on when it was taken]. I, too [love the ocean. I try to get to the beach as much as possible].
Here's a little about me: I'm a  year old [divorced white woman]. I live in the [Heightlands] area. I'm looking for [friendship first and possibly a long-term relationship].
You can find more information and picture with my profile on Dreampal. My username is [username].
I look forward to hearing from you soon.